Thursday, April 26, 2012

From frizzy and fried to silky and smooth

After my previous post on using horse mane and tail conditioner in human hair I was interested to hear about what serums, oils and leave in conditioners you all use?


I have recently bought the Redken All Soft Argan 6 Oil. My best friend is a hair dresser and promised me it was the best thing since sliced bread, (excuse the pun, her words not mine). So I took the plunge - at £14 it's not cheap. 


On a previous trip to Morocco I had learnt about Argan Oil and its amazing properties. Argan oil is produced from the kernels of the Argan tree, a species native to Morocco. I remember driving past the Argan trees and seeing them full of goats- I know sounds unbelievable but look at the picture I took below. 


Argan oil is all the rage at the moment for it cosmetic and medicinal properties. It seems to be in so many cosmetic products. 


Redken market this product as 'envelops hair in concentrated softness, nourishment and protection to intensely nourish dry, brittle hair.' 

After washing, conditioning and towel drying I apply this product to the ends of my hair before coming through. I find it is good to use as a detangler. I have really fine coloured hair and find I need to create a balance between nourishing and protecting my hair and it being weighed down with excess product and looking greasy. I find that this product is a perfect balance and gives a silky smooth and shiny finish.


If I am going on a night out where I want my hair to look extra special I also use it like a serum and apply through the ends of my blow dryed hair. 


What serums do you use?





2 comments:

  1. Great product!!!
    Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- have followed your blog xxxxx

    ReplyDelete